| || |
| ||Tangy Honey Glazed Ham |
Total Time: 3 hrs
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 2 hrs 45 mins
- 1 (10 pound) fully cooked, bone-in ham
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 large orange, juiced and zested
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Place ham in a roasting pan.
- In a small saucepan, combine brown sugar, pineapple juice, honey, orange zest, Dijon mustard, and ground cloves. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Set aside.
- Bake ham in preheated oven uncovered for 2 hours. Remove ham from oven, and brush with glaze. Bake for an additional 30 to 45 minutes, brushing ham with glaze every 10 minutes.
| ||Thyme Honey Glazed Ham |
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 3 hours
- 1 (12 to 14 pound) boneless fully cooked ham
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped thyme
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup mild honey
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Melt butter with thyme and let stand until later.
- Peel off and discard any rind or skin from ham, leaving 1/4 inch of fat on ham. Score fat on ham in a crosshatch pattern without cutting into meat. Put ham on a rack in a large roasting pan. Cover ham with parchment paper, then cover roasting pan with foil. Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil vinegar in a small saucepan until reduced to about 1 tablespoon. Remove from heat and whisk in honey, Worcestershire sauce, and thyme butter. Let honey glaze stand until ham has baked for 1 hour 45 minutes.
- Discard foil and parchment from ham. If there is no liquid in roasting pan, add 1 cup water (liquid will prevent glaze from burning in pan). Brush ham with half of honey glaze, then bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Brush with remaining glaze and bake until glaze is deep golden-brown and ham is heated through, about 30 minutes more.